Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm forcing myself to do this.

So, I ran into a fellow writer at the grocery store today. As we were chatting, I found myself encouraging her to push herself to set goals each week to get her work out to the public. But then I realized how hypocritical I was actually being. I haven't blogged or done any sort of creative writing in years. Hence, this blog. To you, the reader, I will warn you right from the start. There will be cursing, and most likely I will talk about issues that may be touchy to some. Like addiction, depression, eating disorders, and spirituality. But this is my blog, my journey, my perspective. If you can't respect that, reconsider why you are reading this is the first place.

Still here? Good. I like you. Can we have coffee sometime? As you may or may not know, I am a relatively young mother. It was a blessing is a very, very thorough disguise. I sometimes still question it. I do stay at home full time with my daughter. But, like the title of my blog states, it's not that simple. Between a dog, fiance, and daughter, I am struggling to find the time, energy, and resources (aka money) to figure out what exactly it is I want to do for me. Like, career-wise. Part of me feels guilty for even wanting something outside my home life to find fulfillment. Part of me doubts I'm talented enough to even achieve anything. And part of me is too tired to think beyond today's list of to-do's. Then there is a teensy sliver of me (the one that forced me to start this blog) that cheers me on. I call this part of me my intuition or inner self. It's hard not to listen my sad me's. They've been with me for so long, it's second nature to believe what I hear them say. But, I am slowly learning to distinguish my inner self from their lies. But it really isn't simple.

By the way, tears are allowed here. And so are hugs, love, confusion, whatever you are going through, it's allowed here, judgement free. You're welcome. Because, I get it. Life isn't ever simple.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to read your perspectives on here and grateful that you found the courage and ambition to start this. I hope am able to find the time to curse, laugh, cry and grow here, too. I'm with ya, lady. <3

    ReplyDelete