Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wait, so am I like, famous?

So, I am a little OCD about my writing. It makes me feel vulnerable. I don't like vulnerable. It's scary. Heaven forbid some one actually know what I'm thinking! And now that I have a blog, it makes my thoughts seem more real, more concrete. Last night as I was trying to fall asleep, my mind was going crazy. Like, what if people don't like what I have to say? What if my life is really too boring for any one to care what I have to say? When will I be famous? Does starting a blog mean I'm there already?

I know, I know, that last thought seems a little out there. Most of you are probably thinking, "calm down, it's JUST  a blog". But my mind is like, "OMG, you just started a BLOG"! See, I am a very all or nothing type a gal. If I put effort into something, then I want it all. F baby steps. I do giant steps. (Or so my mind tells me). I had to remind myself that starting a blog is a very good start to my creative journey, but it's not the be-all-end-all. It is what it is. A start. I can't compare myself to those well known bloggers who ended up with book deals. That's not what this blog is about (at least, I don't think it is). Besides, when I really get honest with myself, I don't think I am quite ready to write a book. Maybe someday, but not today. Sigh. So to answer my own question, no, I'm not famous. There will be no paparazzi at my front door, no big accolades to be had. Just me. Plus a dog, kid, and fiance. At least they think I'm pretty fab.

1 comment:

  1. You are "pretty fab"! The beginning of any journey starts with the first step...

    ReplyDelete