Thursday, June 5, 2014

Shine on and ignore normal.

I've been wondering what it means to be considered "normal". Do any of you dear readers know? I don't. I don't believe in normal. I think it's a myth that everyone tries so hard to obtain, but it always seems juuuust out of reach. In high school I really wanted to fit in and be considered "normal". It took a lot of mistakes made and an emotional roller coaster (plus time) for me to start to realize that there is no such thing as normal. There are millions of people walking around this earth, each individually experiencing life differently as it flows by. It's like taking one piece of a puzzle and expecting the rest of the pieces to fit in that one piece. It's freeing, no longer worrying about doing only whats normal. 
The strive for normalcy is an easy trap to fall into, though. It's easier to do what everyone else is doing rather than stopping for a minute and taking a truly unbiased look around. It's hard because it means being vulnerable to ourselves and others.(Y'all know how i feel being vulnerable, right? Gah). Now, I want to clarify. Don't buck the system just to buck the system. I'm referring to not being afraid to let the inner self shine through, dazzling the world with your rays of joy and abundance. To do what ever it is you truly enjoy doing; that thing that gets you up in the morning and puts an ear-to-ear grin on your face when you think about it. I don't need to apologize for the fact that I'm pretty not-normal. My experiences have taught me that something I thought very important today, I'll have forgotten about tomorrow.So, forget the piddly stuff. (Nay-sayers qualify as piddly stuff). Wanna be a farmer? Awesome. Embrace the earth we depend on. Wanna be a painter? Grab a canvas and tell me your life story. Wanna be a stay at home mom/writer/yoga enthusiast? Hey, me too! What ever is your passion, embrace it. Big or small, they are equally important. Don't let a case of the normies get ya down!

1 comment: