Friday, June 13, 2014

It's a baggy sweats, pail of sherbert, and "orange is the new black" tv series kind of day.

Why, you may be wondering. Well , let me dump my crap on you, so I feel better, and you can feel worse. It's the only way, dear reader. At least then I know that I'm feeling a little better and I'm not alone in feeling crappy.
This past week i have been really struggling (and I don't use the word struggling lightly) with eating disorder thoughts. I have managed not to act on those thoughts, but it has been hard. My body is in recovery mode. And as I gain weight, the thoughts get worse and the battle gets bloodier. I know logically that this is normal. But it doesn't make it any easier. So, we have a bloody battle. On top of that, I started seeing a new therapist, got put a a new medication and taken off the old one. So, we have bloody battle plus raging emotions (which makes me exhausted).
And then yesterday, my grandpa passed away. The past few years I haven't seen my grandpa as much as I would have liked, but lately I have been thinking about him and all he has been through. I am so sad that he won't get to be at my wedding, and to see my kids grow up, not even a little bit. I am grateful, however, that he at least got to meet Fiona. I am grateful that he no longer is in pain and is in a better place. But death is such a bittersweet thing, no matter what stage of life the person was at. So, bloody battle plus already raging emotions plus family death, equals one broken down, curled up on the couch and tired to the bone, gal.
That is all, dearest reader. I have no witty insight, no humor left in me at the moment. Life goes on... at least the couch is here and I have sherbet.

2 comments:

  1. I have probably shared this quote with you before, but here it is again; "I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn." ~Anne Frank~

    I'm holding you close to my heart, Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong - thinking about you lots lately, not that it changes what you're going through, but you're definitely not alone! Lots of love girly

    ReplyDelete