Saturday, December 6, 2014

[Insert witty title here]

Ah, winter. I always know when you're about to arrive. (Or are here to stay). My mood plummets like a flip of a switch. I did everything I could to prepare this year, from vitamins to meds. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough. When things went from bad to oh-my-god-I-want-curl-up-in-a-cave-forever, shit hit the fan. But like I always some how manage to do, I picked up the pieces and trudged forward. It's never easy. I am still on the mend. Normal people might look at me with befuddlement, wondering why I can't just get my shit together. To them I say, It's ok. You don't have to understand me. You can even judge me if you want. But all this crud that I am mucking through, it will eventually settle down. And I will come out on the other side with more experience to help me (and perhaps others) in the future. This pep talk isn't for you, dear reader. Although I hope it lets you all know you're not all alone trudging through the mucky parts of life. It's mostly for me. I needed this. I've been struggling with who I am. Not just what I DO, but me, all by myself. Not as a mother, wife, student, friend, daughter, or sister. I know I'm young. I know I have many years of life. (Hopefully). But I feel so boring sometimes. Is this really what adulthood is like? If that's the case, send me back to childhood!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Claire,
    anyone who enjoys a good fart joke is not boring.
    And you are not trudging alone with this seasonal crap. Couple it up with menstrual hormones and I am in a doozy this week and today. Next week should be better.
    Don't worry, you are young and have many years to find your "interesting self". I am the big four oh, and feeling like my time is running out. To be interesting. To make my mark. Maybe these thoughts are a symptom of seasonal s**t.

    ReplyDelete